Registered Nurse | Westbourne Centre | Full Time Hours
We have an exciting opportunity for an Outpatient Registered Nurse to join our expanding team at The Westbourne Centre, Birmingham.
The Westbourne Centre is an independent medical centre based in Birmingham’s Edgbaston Medical Quarter, bringing together a diverse group of specialists and state-of-the-art facilities, to provide the highest quality procedures, treatments and patient experience for private, insured and NHS patients. The Centre was established in 2009 as part of a joint venture between a group of regional consultants and the global hospital company, Ramsay Health Care.
Working as part of the outpatient team to provide a high standard of efficient and individualised patient care. Supporting the consultants in the delivery of exceptional standards, focused around patient care and ensuring the best possible clinical outcome for patients.
What you'll bring with you
- Ensuring a professional and efficient welcome to all patients, consultants and visitors to the hospital.
- Ensure clinics are supervised and patients are appropriately chaperoned.
- Ensuring the accurate collection of data, as required for the Department of Health.
- Carry out wound care post operatively (dressing and suture moved)
- Be qualified to RGN level 1 and have current registration with the relevant organisations
- Proven post registration beneficial, but training can be given to the right applicant
- Have excellent communication skills
- Must be computer literate.
- Have an enthusiastic and flexible approach to work.
- Experience in surgical wound care
The successful applicant will be required to participate within the on call rotas, and work occasional Saturdays (shift allowance would apply)
In return we offer
- Competitive salary plus enhancements where eligible
- Access to the Ramsay Academy – genuine opportunities to grow, develop and specialise in your career
- 25 days’ annual leave (pro-rata)
- Free onsite parking
- Access to 24/7 employee assistance line for free advice
- Opportunity to apply for Ramsay Healthcare scholarship programmes.
The Centre has one operating theatre, offering surgery under local anaesthetic with or without sedation for self-pay, insured and NHS patients. Over 30 consultants use the operating theatre, covering a range of specialities including cosmetic surgery, orthopaedics, general surgery, vascular surgery and ophthalmology.
All offers of employment in respect of this appointment will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure Certificate from the Disclosure and Barring Service. The successful candidates will be subject a 6-month probationary period.
Hours of business at The Westbourne Centre are 7am – 8pm Monday to Friday and 8am -4pm on a Saturday.
Committed to quality, equality and opportunity for all.
For further information regarding the role, please contact Catherine Limbrick (Matron) or Jo Mangalindan (Outpatient Lead) on 0121 456 0880 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com