We are now inviting applications for the post of Sterile Services Manager (Decontamination). This is a full-time position (37.5 hours Monday to Sunday) and is based at the Cobalt Hospital, North Tyneside. Reporting to the Matron, the successful candidate will be able to:
• Manage and develop sterile services provision across the hospital.
• Provide clean instrumentation for theatre teams, ensuring safe efficient processes are followed which are compliant with appropriate standards
• Manage the quality management system (QMS) and operation of the unit in accordance with BS EN ISO 13485 and Directive 93/42EEC Article 12 Annex V (Sterility). HSC2000/032. Aspiring to achieving audit results of 100%.
• Ensure a timely and efficient service to our stakeholders based in Teesside.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Demonstrated ability to lead and inspire a small team of individuals.
• Effective communication skills and proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently as required
• Risk management within the department to ensure robust safety processes.
• Good written and verbal communication skills with sound skills in problem solving.
• Planning and organisational skills
• Good computer skills (MS Office package)
• Flexibility and adaptability in terms of hours and attendance
• People Management experience
• Demonstrate commercial and financial awareness
• Previous health sector experience
• Have a full, clean driving licence.
In return for your professionalism we offer an attractive benefits package and ongoing training and development.
Salary on request and benefits as follows:
• Enhancements for unsocial hours
• Flexible shift patterns
• 5 weeks annual leave, rising with long service
• Free car parking
• Contributory pension scheme
• Life assurance
• Private medical insurance
• Professional support and ongoing training and development
• Scholarship fund opportunity