As a result of an internal change we are looking to recruit a full time Business Administration Officer who will be responsible for carrying out the day-to-day business administrative support functions for the Group, including: revenue capture and billing compliance, first line PMI administrative support, development and compliance to Group best practice processes, data quality monitoring, and data base maintenance for the patient administration system. Furthermore the successful candidate will provide back-up support within the team across a range of business administration functions which include, but are not limited to, NHS transactional processes, EDI/Healthcode functions, and drugs/consumable charge code management.
Reporting to the Financial Controller - Operations as part of a small team your key responsibilities will include, but not limited to, the following: -
- Visiting Hospitals within the Group to undertake Revenue Capture and Business Administration Process Audits, preparation of reports outlining findings and assisting with the implementation of agreed recommendations and actions.
- Analysing Business Intelligence and Patient Administration System data to identify missed revenue opportunities and initiating corrective action where necessary.
- Developing relationships with the key Medical Insurance companies to provide front line billing and query resolution support to the Business Office administrators.
- Actively supporting the credit control function and processes through central monitoring of aged debt and submitting Group data where required.
- Gaining full working knowledge of the Hospital Contracts/Pricing Agreements for all funding channels, the Cosmic and SAP Patient Administration and Billing system and JDE Credit Control function in order to support its users with regard to charging and billing and assisting with the maintenance of the Contract files, Charge Code records and other related data-bases.
- Managing the update of the central pricing files following the annual price reviews and other periodic updates.
- Supporting the Business Office teams when necessary with day to day tasks such as billing and credit control where peaks in demand or lack of resource have caused a backlog.
- Undertaking support for Group wide projects and initiatives under the direction of the Financial Controller- Operations.
The role involves visiting Hospitals and on occasions will involve staying away from home. The base location will be agreed with the successful candidate.
The successful candidate will ideally have experience of working in a hospital Business Office environment and be able to show evidence of a strong working knowledge of all aspects of hospital Business Office processes and procedures.
The successful candidate will also: -
• Demonstrate a willingness to work positively within a Team to achieve Team goals and excellence in service delivery
• Detailed knowledge of operational functions within a hospital environment
• Experience in providing training & support within a multi-site organisation
• Advanced Excel and Project management experience
• Demonstrate creativity and diversity to deliver excellent customer service and achieve positive organisational outcomes in line with the Ramsay Way Vision and Values
Ramsay Health Care UK is one of the leading providers of private hospital services in England, with a network of 38 hospitals. These hospitals provide a wide and comprehensive range of specialised and efficient clinical specialties.
Applications should include a CV together with a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role.
Closing date: 15 October 2018