This role is pivotal to the efficient running of our services at the Berkshire Independent Hospital.
You will be the first face-to-face contact in meeting and greeting our patients, manning a busy hospital switchboard and reception desk, and cash handling.The reception desk operates between 6.30 am – 9.00 pm Monday to Sunday as required. This hours required for this role is 25 per week.
Experience in a similar role in a healthcare environment would be an advantage.
The successful candidates will have:
• outstanding professional customer service skills
• proven ability to work in a team or independently as required
• friendly, outgoing personality
• excellent communication and professional telephone skills
• administrative experience
• proficiency in Microsoft Office
• attention to detail
In return we offer the successful candidate:
• Attractive rates of pay
• Ongoing training and development
• Free car parking
• Subsidised staff restaurant
• Uniform provided
• Flexible working hours
The Berkshire Independent Hospital is one of Reading’s leading hospitals. It is a 34 bedded hospital all with ensuite facilities with two extended recovery beds. There are three operating theatres, a physiotherapy department and radiology department. The Hospital has just finished a new refurbishment of the outpatient consulting and treatment facilities.
All offers of employment in respect of these appointments will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory Standard Disclosure Certificate from the Disclosure and Barring Service.