MSK Physiotherapist - 30 hours
Band 5/6 Equivalent (depending on experience)
Fulwood Hall Hospital, Preston
We are inviting applications for the position of a MSK Physiotherapist. Reporting to the Physiotherapy Manager, the successful candidate will be expected to demonstrate high clinical skills within the scope of Physiotherapy. They will be expected to work in both the outpatient and Inpatient setting as required. The Physiotherapy Manager will promote a high standard of individualised patient care supporting junior and Physiotherapy assistants within the clinical team to provide excellent customer experience, whilst facilitating the best possible clinical outcomes.
Your duties will include:
- To ensure that all documentation is of the highest standard as per CSP Standards.
- To participate in local audits and play an active role in the completion of outcome tools
- Represent physiotherapy service/patient at multidisciplinary team meetings, to ensure the delivery of a coordinated multidisciplinary service and integrate physiotherapy treatment into the patient management.
- Develop excellent working relationships with staff, Consultants, suppliers and key stakeholders
- To be responsible for the safe and competent use of physiotherapy equipment, patient appliances and aids by patients
- To undertake a comprehensive assessment of patients including those with diverse or complex presentation/multi pathologies
- To formulate accurate prognoses and recommend best course of intervention, developing comprehensive discharge plans
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least 12 months experience in Physiotherapy
- a strong clinical background in Physiotherapy preferably Orthopaedic and MSK background
- demonstrable ability to work both in a team and independently
- comprehensive understanding of CSP standards of Practice and HPC standards
In return, we offer the successful candidate:
- Competitive rate of pay in accordance to experience and skills
- Enhancements for unsocial hours (30% enhancement on Saturdays, 50% enhancement on Sundays).
- Uniform provided
- Ramsay scholarship fund available to support the continued academic learning for staff
- Weekends are a maximum of 2 per month, shared fairly between staff (taking personal requests into consideration when roster planning)
- Ramsay benefits scheme and access to register for a nurses blue light card for shopping discounts
- Full induction support and mentorship will be provided
- 33 days annual leave including bank holidays which will increase with length of service every 5 years (pro-rata for part-time staff)
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Free parking and subsidised staff restaurant
- Long service award (every 5 years £75 voucher, 10 years £150, continuing upwards)
- Life Assurance (3 x annual salary paid to who every you choose)
- Excellent ongoing paid training and development opportunities
If you are excited about pushing your ability to the next level, whilst at the same time becoming part of a friendly team renowned for excellence and exceptional patient satisfaction then Fulwood Hall Hospital is for you.
For further information regarding the position, please contact Cathy Greenwood, Physiotherapy Manager – email@example.com
Closing date: 30th April 2019
Fulwood Hall Hospital is located near Preston, registered for 30 beds, 3 Theatres, Endoscopy Suite, Daycase Unit and full supporting Outpatient Services. Fulwood Hall Hospital offers a wide range of surgical procedures with diagnostic and treatment facilities.
All offers of employment in respect of this appointment will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory Disclosure Certificate from the Disclosure & Barring Service.
Committed to quality, equality and opportunity for all