Theatre Manager – 37.5 hours
WINFIELD HOSPITAL, GLOUCESTER.
As a key member of the Senior Clinical Team, the Theatre Manager will be integral to the delivery of the strategic vision and plan for the hospital, as well as accountable for the customer/stakeholder and financial results for theatre.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a strong track record of leading and developing a high performing theatre team to enhance patient care and customer experience, whilst facilitating the best possible clinical outcomes. A commitment to the development of high quality evidence based acute care is essential, combined with the tenacity and passion required to drive commercial success in a rapidly changing healthcare environment.
Reporting to the Hospital Matron, the Theatre Manager will:-
- Provide leadership and management for all of the theatre staff
- Develop strong partnerships with key stakeholders both internally within Ramsay Health Care and externally e.g. consultants, suppliers, local NHS Trusts
- Build effective controls for the monitoring and management of the nursing, ODP and HCA staff, and deliver effective action plans for continuous skills improvement
- Ensure the Key Performance Indicator targets are achieved by the theatre department
- Provide effective deployment of resources needed to sustain agreed activity levels
- Build effective controls for the monitoring and management of clinical records
- Lead the unit in complying with all statutory and Ramsay Health Care UK quality standards and policies
- Lead clinically based projects in the development of the hospital services and specialities
The ideal candidate will have:-
- A strong clinical background in an acute hospital setting
- Professional Registration with the NMC/HCPC
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- A strong track record and evidence of delivering a change agenda to enhance quality and efficiency
- Significant exposure in a senior clinical role to external stakeholders such as consultants, and the broader health care community
- A strong track record in leading and developing a successful, efficient team and being part of that team
- Tertiary qualification in management or experience in a managerial role
- Experience and confidence in managing finances and budgets including evidence of where they have effectively balanced cost and delivery of Key Performance Indicators
- Comprehensive understanding of relevant legal and professional care/practice standards and evidence of ongoing professional development.
This role is based at Winfield Hospital, which is a leading private hospital on the outskirts of Gloucester. We have 3 fully equipped theatres, with a 6 bedded recovery, particularly suitable for orthopaedic procedures, a dedicated endoscopy unit, and 12 outpatient consulting rooms with associated examination and treatment facilities. Other outpatient facilities include physiotherapy, pharmacy, audiology, xray, ultrasound, visiting MRI and CT.
Ramsay Health Care UK is one of the leading providers of high quality private patient and NHS Services in England, with a network of over 30 acute hospitals and Treatment Centres. Ramsay is part of a global hospital group operating 116 hospitals and day surgery facilities across Australia, UK, France and Indonesia.
Benefits include a competitive salary, life assurance, healthcare insurance, contributory pension scheme, use of subsidised restaurant, uniform, free car parking and a commitment to your personal and professional development.
All applications to be made online at www.ramsayhealth.co.uk/careers. For further information, or to arrange an informal visit, please contact Irene Chadwick on 01452 337242.
An offer of employment will be subject to the satisfactory receipt of an Enhanced Disclosure Certificate from the Disclosure and Barring Service.