We have an exciting opportunity at Ashtead Hospital for a Clinical Governance Lead currently part time, 22.5 hours a week. Or as part of a full time position of 37.5 hours with the remaining 15 hours per week working clinically in Wards or Theatres.
The ideal candidate will report directly to the Clinical services Director and have a passion for delivering excellent standards of care. They will build on the already high standards that Ashtead currently in practice. They will lead on the continued implementation, ongoing assessment and development of “outstanding standards”, working closely with Department Managers, to ensure broad understanding and ownership and liaising with external monitoring/regulatory bodies.
They will lead on the implementation, ongoing assessment and development of the CQC standards, working closely with various Senior MDT Managers, to ensure broad understanding and ownership and liaising with external monitoring/regulatory bodies.
They will deliver training and/or facilitation to others as part of this process, and set up performance monitoring and audit processes to track progress and achievement.
They will need to have a clear understanding of the following:-
- Provide specialist Clinical Governance and service quality advice relating to patient care across the full range of clinical services.
- Review, summarise and advise on national guidance and legislation; national and local clinical quality indicators/standards; information and guidance in order to support and deliver service development.
- Ensuring that the Senior Management Team are advised in a timely manner of high risk incidents, complaints or cases that might have a substantial impact on patient care or reputation of the hospital.
- To ensure management of all complaints is effective and transparent, open and responsive in line with legislation.
It is essential that the ideal candidate will have:
- Current registration with the NMC (UK)
- Comprehensive understanding of relevant clinical standards
- Excellent communication skills – written and oral
- Excellent customer care skills
- The ability to work within a team
- The ability to time-manage
- The ability to work under pressure
- Good computer Skills
- Continuing professional development in areas such as root cause analysis.
In return we offer:
- Competitive salary Plus Enhancements (if eligible)
- 33 days annual leave inc bank holidays which increase with service (pro rata)
- Private Healthcare
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Child Care Vouchers
- Excellent Training and Development Opportunities
- Subsidised Staff Restaurant*
- Free Off Site Parking*
Hours: Full Time (37.5 hours per week) or part hours considered
Salary: Dependent on experience
Closing date for receipt of applications – 27th January 2019
All applications must be made by clicking the ‘Apply Now’ button or via the Ramsay Health Care careers website: www.ramsayhealth.co.uk/careers.
All offers of employment will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure Certificate from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Committed to quality, equality and opportunity for all