Private Outpatient Bookings Administrator 30 hrs per week
(Monday - Thursday)
We are seeking to recruit a highly motivated, reliable, enthusiastic, hardworking and dedicated individual to join our Private Outpatient Bookings team at Fulwood Hall Hospital.
Details of the position
An opportunity has arisen to appoint an enthusiastic individual to join the team as a Private Outpatient Bookings Administrator to work within the Bookings Department at Fulwood Hall Hospital. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, professional telephone manner, exemplary customer service skills, extensive administrative experience that allows effective workload management and attention to detail together with the ability to work alone or as part of a team.
Duties will include coordinating and booking private patient outpatient appointments, liaising with Consultants and Consultant Secretaries, telephone enquiries, e-mail enquiries and data input into Patient Administration System (PAS).
The ideal candidate will demonstrate strong organisational skills and will work with a high degree of attention to detail ensuring data accuracy and quality. This demanding and fast paced role is to manage and process private outpatient appointments to the hospital. Sound understanding of clinical terminology would be an advantage. An ability to work under pressure to strict deadlines, knowledge of IT systems and excellent communication skills are required.
If this is you and you are looking for a challenge and thrive on pressure we would like to hear from you.
Key responsibilities include:
- To ensure that all documentation is of the highest standard and is issued out in a timely manner.
- Develop excellent working relationships with patients, staff, Consultants and secretaries.
- To be responsible for ensuring all bookings are entered onto the patient administration system (PAS) within agreed timescales.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Previous health sector experience (desirable).
- Sound written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently as required.
- Excellent computer skills (particularly MS Office packages).
In return, we offer the successful candidate:
- Attractive rates of pay
- Full uniform provided
- Full support and mentorship will be provided
- 33 days annual leave inc bank holidays which increase with service (pro-rata for part-time staff)
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Free parking and subsidised staff restaurant
- Staff discount and voluntary benefits
- Life Assurance
- Excellent Training and Development Opportunities
Please contact Kate Nihill, Bookings Team Leader at email@example.com if you require further information about the position.
If you are excited about pushing your ability to the next level, whilst at the same time becoming part of a friendly team renowned for excellence and exceptional patient satisfaction then Fulwood Hall Hospital is for you.
Fulwood Hall Hospital is located near Preston, registered for 30 beds, 3 Theatres, Endoscopy Suite, Daycase Unit and full supporting Outpatient Services. Fulwood Hall Hospital offers a wide range of surgical procedures with diagnostic and treatment facilities.
As one of the North West's leading private and NHS ‘Choose & Book’ hospitals, Fulwood Hall Hospital is a leading provider of high quality healthcare, part of the Ramsay Health Care Group. Ramsay Health Care UK is one of the leading providers of NHS and private patient services in England, with a network of over 30 acute hospitals and Treatment Centres. Ramsay is part of a global hospital group operating 116 hospitals and day surgery facilities across Australia, the United Kingdom, France and Indonesia.
Closing Date: 31 October 2019
Dependent upon the number of applicants who apply, this advert may close earlier without prior warning.
All applications must be made by via the Ramsay Health Care careers website: www.ramsayhealth.co.uk/careers
All offers of employment in respect of this appointment will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory Standard Disclosure Certificate from the Disclosure & Barring Service.
Fulwood Hall Hospital is committed to quality, equality and opportunity for all.