A vacancy has arisen for the position of Trainee NHS Clinical Coder for the Eastern Region, supporting the clinical coding team with the following hospitals, Oaks, Pinehill, Rivers and Springfield Hospital. The post will be primarily based at Pinehill Hospital, Hertfordshire, although travel to all sites will be essential.
As part of Ramsay Health Care UK we believe in growing our staff through full training and support and providing a great working environment.
Reporting to the Eastern Region Senior Clinical Coder, this full time position is an exciting opportunity to join a small clinical coding team. You will have responsibility for managing and delivering high quality coding within Ramsay Healthcare.
The engagement of clinicians in the clinical coding process will be high on your agenda, particularly with audit and data validation. The ability to integrate audit outcomes and recommendations into ongoing training programmes will be key to delivering the coding standards.
You will ensure that policies, procedures and processes are in place in order to deliver timely, accurate and relevant clinical coding to support the Region in its business.
A significant part of this role will be to identify and agree changes to further improve the clinical coding service to meet the demands of the modern NHS. The successful candidate will need to possess a good understanding of clinical coding practices. To be highly motivated, organised, enthusiastic, and must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels.
The successful role holder will:
- Be willing to attend the necessary training courses if not already completed of which one is 24 days long in London/Milton Keynes/Liverpool depending on availability. This training is coupled with ongoing in-house training in the form of mentoring. Ramsay Health Care will fund this course in line with local policy terms and conditions. Details of which will be discussed at interview.
- Be willing to work alongside existing Clinical Coders to develop skills
- Be committed to developing the service offered by the Clinical Coding Department within Ramsay Healthcare
- Have a full clean UK driving licence and be willing to travel across the Eastern Region to cover annual leave and sickness
- Have some knowledge of medical terminology
- The ideal candidate will have previous experience in administration within a healthcare environment, and will be confident in the use of various software packages including word, excel and COSMIC system, although full training on in-house systems will be given. Excellent organisation and customer care skills are essential, also working to specific deadlines within a very busy team.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits, including life assurance, contributory pension scheme and private medical insurance after a probationary period. All offers of employment are subject to receipt of a satisfactory Standard Disclosure Certificate from the Disclosure and Barring Services.
Any questions please contact Clinical Coding Team Leader email@example.com
To request a job description please contact Frida Dennis, HR Co-ordinator on firstname.lastname@example.org
Application to be made on-line at www.ramsayhealth.co.uk/careers
Closing date for applications: 30th November 2019
If you are selected for interview you will normally be contacted within two weeks of the closing date. If you do not hear from us within this period then you should assume that, unfortunately, on this occasion you have been unsuccessful.
All offers of employment in respect of this appointment will be subject to receipt of what we consider to be a satisfactory Standard Disclosure Certificate from the Disclosure and Barring Service
Committed to quality, equality and opportunity for all.