Staff Nurse Band 5 - 37.5 hours
Day Case Unit and Ward
Location: Fulwood Hall Hospital
Salary: Competitive according to experience
Employment Type: Permanent - Full Time
Hours Per week: 37.5 (5 shifts per week)
Details of the position
An opportunity has arisen to appoint an enthusiastic, experienced, flexible, highly motivated, Registered Nurse to join our professional team working across both the day case unit and the surgical ward here at Fulwood Hall Hospital. We are looking for a dynamic individual who is willing to work 37.5 hours per week and has the enthusiasm and commitment to provide a high standard of care for our patients.
Shift patterns are from:
- 07:00 - 14:30 (early shift days)
- 13:30 - 21:00 (late shift days)
- Flexibility for an 08:00 start on days to support family/carer needs
The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills, a desire for professional development and demonstrate professional standards of practice to be admired. The successful candidate will also have the opportunity for career progression and additional link roles should they wish.
In addition to strong clinical skills you will possess:
- Registered Nurse, level 1 (current NMC UK registration).
- Surgical experience across a wide range of specialties.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management
- Flexibility and reliability
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently as required.
- The personality to work as part of a small dedicated team
- Sound written and verbal communication skills
- Flexibility and adaptability to meet the changing needs of the business
- The ability to work to tight deadlines
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills
- Basic computer skills
- Mentorship (desirable)
In return for your expertise, we offer the successful candidate:
- Competitive rate of pay in accordance to experience and clinical skills
- Enhancements for unsocial hours (30% enhancement on Saturdays, 50% enhancement on Sundays).
- Uniform provided
- Ramsay scholarship fund available to support the continued academic learning for staff
- Weekends are a maximum of 2 per month, shared fairly between staff (taking personal requests into consideration when roster planning)
- Ramsay benefits scheme and access to register for a nurses blue light card for shopping discounts
- Full induction support and mentorship will be provided
- 33 days annual leave including bank holidays which will increase with length of service every 5 years (pro-rata for part-time staff)
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Free parking and subsidised staff restaurant
- Long service award (every 5 years £75 voucher, 10 years £150, continuing upwards)
- Life Assurance (3 x annual salary paid to who every you choose)
- Child Care Vouchers
- Excellent ongoing paid training and development opportunities
If you are excited about pushing your ability to the next level, whilst at the same time becoming part of a friendly team renowned for excellence and exceptional patient satisfaction then Fulwood Hall Hospital is for you.
For further information regarding the position, please email Lucy Dewhurst, Ward Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fulwood Hall Hospital is located near Preston, registered for 30 beds, 3 Theatres, Endoscopy Suite, Daycase Unit and full supporting Outpatient Services. Fulwood Hall Hospital offers a wide range of surgical procedures with diagnostic and treatment facilities.