People Caring for People
We are looking for a friendly and efficient part time ward catering assistant to provide a high standard of catering service throughout the hospital as part of the support services team. You must have a positive attitude towards customer service and a flexible approach to your working pattern as this role will include early mornings, evenings and weekends on a rota basis.
Key responsibilities include:
- Obtaining food and drink orders from patients and visitors to the hospital
- Assisting in the preparation and service of food to patients and visitors
- Cleaning all areas of the ward catering department to the agreed standard
- Ensuring all service is provided in a friendly and professional manner
- Ensuring all health and hygiene regulations are adhered to
The ideal candidate will be / have:
- Previous food service / catering experience
- Customer service experience
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as required
- Ability to work using own initiative and as part of a team as required
- A positive attitude to help meet the needs of the business
- A friendly and efficient approach
- Level 2 food hygiene certificate for catering (training will be arranged if required)
In return we offer:
- Competitive salary plus enhancements for evening and weekend working
- 33 days annual leave inc bank holidays which increase with service (pro rata)
- Private Healthcare
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Excellent Training and Development Opportunities
- Subsidised Staff Restaurant
- Free Parking
Pinehill Hospital & Ramsay Health Care
Pinehill Hospital is a private hospital set in pleasant grounds in Hitchin, Hertfordshire. It is conveniently located close to the mainline train station and the A1M road network. It is part of Ramsay Health Care UK.
Ramsay Health Care UK is one of the leading providers of NHS and private patient services in the UK, with a network of over 30 acute hospitals and treatment centres. Ramsay UK is part of a global hospital group operating 116 hospitals and day surgery facilities across Australia, the United Kingdom, France and Indonesia.
For more information please contact Mick Nunwa, Facilities Manager firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01462 422 822 if you would like to speak to someone about the position
All offers of employment will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory Standard Disclosure Certificate from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Pinehill Hospital is committed to quality, equality and opportunity for all.