Ramsay Healthcare is a leading provider of quality healthcare, through a network of acute hospitals and treatment centres. Ramsay is committed to excellence in patient care and Investment in our people.
A vacancy for a full-time Second Chef exists within this busy and varied department for an enthusiastic applicant to join our team at The Yorkshire Clinic and support the Head Chef, who is committed to providing a high standard of service to our patients, staff and visitors. In the absence of the head chef you will be responsible for the day to day running of the department and leadership of the established team.
Applicants should have recent relevant experience within a hospital or hospitality environment, and working as part of an established team will be involved in food preparation for patients, visitors and staff. Previous experience of food preparation, cooking and presentation is essential alongside a complete understanding of food hygiene policies and procedures, and health and safety protocols.
The successful applicant will possess the capability of supporting the Head Chef in ensuring a high standard of quality is maintained and have the background and knowledge to be innovative and enhance the catering service.
What are we looking for?
• City & Guilds 706 – 1 & 2 or equivalent
• Current level 3 food hygiene certificate desirable (current food hygiene level 2 essential)
• Good written & communication skills
• Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently as required
• Flexibility and adaptability to meet the changing needs of the business
• Demonstrated customer service skills
• Good computer skills
• Positivity & even temperedness in the workplace
• Demonstrated honesty, integrity & ethics in the workplace
In return we offer:
• Competitive Salary
• 25 days Annual Leave + Bank Holidays
• Private Healthcare
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Life Assurance
• On-going Training and Development
• Subsidised Staff Restaurant
All offers of employment will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory standard Disclosure Certificate from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
The Yorkshire Clinic is committed to quality, equality and opportunity for all.
Closing date for applications: Friday 1st November 2019