Details of the position
These are exciting times as we look to recruit a Senior Sister on our Ward here at Fulwood Hall.
Fulwood Hall Hospital has 3 theatres and an Endoscopy unit covering a wide range of surgical specialties including General Surgery, Vascular, Urology, Gynecology, Ophthalmic, Orthopedics, Dental, ENT and Cosmetic Surgery.
The successful applicant will need to demonstrate high performance leadership skills for elective surgical patients across a broad spectrum of specialties
Key responsibilities include
- A high standard of clinical practice with excellent clinical outcomes.
- Safeguarding lead for the ward
- Patients' health and wellbeing across a complex pathway and changing caseload.
- Effective motivation, monitoring and daily management and coordination of the Ward both operationally and the Team.
- Communicates deliver and outcomes of care to patients and to other members of the team.
- Develop excellent working relationships with stakeholders.
- Effective controls to ensure that Key Performance Indicators and financial targets are met.
The successful candidate will also
- Have an up to date ILS qualification.
- Strong and demonstrable clinical background working in a surgical ward environment.
- Registered General Nurse.
- Demonstrable Leadership, HR Awareness and experience.
- Comprehensive understanding of relevant and current clinical standards.
- ALS is desirable
In return we offer:
- Competitive salary Plus Enhancements (if eligible)
- 33 days annual leave including bank holidays which increase with service (pro rata)
- Private Healthcare
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Child Care Vouchers
- Excellent Training and Development Opportunities
- Subsidised Staff Restaurant
- Free on Site Parking
Only applications made online via the Ramsay Careers website will be accepted.
Please contact Lucy Dewhurst, Ward Manager – firstname.lastname@example.org if you require further information about the position.
If you are excited about pushing your ability to the next level, whilst at the same time becoming part of a friendly team renowned for excellence and exceptional patient satisfaction then Fulwood Hall Hospital is for you.
Fulwood Hall Hospital is located near Preston, registered for 30 beds, 3 Theatres, Endoscopy Suite, Daycase Unit and full supporting Outpatient Services. Fulwood Hall Hospital offers a wide range of surgical procedures with diagnostic and treatment facilities.
As one of the North West's leading private and NHS ‘Choose & Book’ hospitals, Fulwood Hall Hospital is a leading provider of high quality healthcare, part of the Ramsay Health Care Group. Ramsay Health Care UK is one of the leading providers of NHS and private patient services in England, with a network of over 30 acute hospitals and Treatment Centre’s. Ramsay is part of a global hospital group operating 116 hospitals and day surgery facilities across Australia, the United Kingdom, France and Indonesia.
Closing Date: 31 October 2019
Dependent upon the number of applicants who apply, this advert may close earlier without prior warning.
All applications must be made by via the Ramsay Health Care careers website: www.ramsayhealth.co.uk/careers
All offers of employment in respect of this appointment will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure Certificate from the Disclosure & Barring Service.
Fulwood Hall Hospital is committed to quality, equality and opportunity for all.