The Ramsay Woodland Hospital is a busy private hospital located just off junction 7 on the A14 in Kettering. We are now looking for a chef to join our dedicated catering team. The role involves all food preparation alongside the team to deliver good quality food and service to our patients, staff, consultants, visitors and guests. The post is full time (37.5hrs) and will require working every other weekend at an enhanced rate of pay.
Your responsibilities will include the following:
- Preparing and cooking of food to an agreed standard.
- Ensuring the kitchen is kept to an excellent hygienic standard
- To have a good understanding of current health and hygiene regulations, and ensure that these are adhered to in the preparation and service of all foodstuffs.
- Sound knowledge of dietary requirements.
- Minimum level 2 Basic Food hygiene
As a team player, you must be able to work efficiently with a flexible and adaptable approach to work.
Uniform and training will be provided.
In return for your professionalism and commitment we offer the following benefits package
- Competitive salary Plus Enhancements
- 33 days annual leave (pro rata)
- Private Healthcare
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Child Care Vouchers
- Excellent Training and Development Opportunities
- Subsidized Staff Restaurant
- Free On Site Parking
Shifts: Between 6am – 6pm includes working every other weekend and bank holidays at an enhanced rate of pay.
Rate of pay: subject to experience
All offers of employment in respect of this appointment will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure Certificate from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Committed to quality, equality and opportunity for all