An exciting opportunity has become available at the Berkshire Independent Hospital to join our Bank team within our Facilities Department.
This position requires a proactive individual to join our busy hospital within the Facilities department located at The Berkshire Independent Hospital; this role will include portering and is a ‘hands on’ roles. Attention to detail and accuracy is essential as is the ability to effectively time manage an increasing workload.
Please note that the term 'Bank' is where we employ staff to infill shifts to cover holidays, sickness and peak operational periods. We require individuals who are flexible and able to work on an 'as and when' required basis, which may involve no hours some weeks and many hours another week.
This role involves:
• Undertake a range of general and ad hoc tasks on a day to day basis to meet the requirements of the site equipment and goods movement
• Provide a courteous service to patient
• Provide help and guidance to patients, relatives and visitors requiring assistance
• Undertake as required any miscellaneous ad-hoc portering requests from departments to ensure the smooth running of the Hospital
• This can be a physically demanding role as you are moving heavy equipment
• Receive, sort and deliver mail to various departments and wards.
• Ensure all waste is collected and disposed of to agreed standards.
• Ensure Hygiene standards and Health and Safety regulations are complied with at all times.
• Comply with agreed security procedures.
The successful candidate will have:
•Sound written and verbal communication skills
•Excellent planning and organisational skills
•Commercial and financial awareness
•Flexibility and adaptability to meet the changing needs of the business
•Appropriate computer skills
•Previous experience in a supplies or porter role
In return, we offer:
•Competitive hourly rate
•Ongoing training and development
•Contributory pension scheme
•Free parking and subsidized staff restaurant
All offers of employment will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory Standard Disclosure Certificate from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Ramsay is committed to quality, equality and opportunity for all.
Ramsay Health Care UK is one of the leading providers of NHS and private patient services in England, with a network of over 30 acute hospitals and Treatment Centres. The Berkshire Independent Hospital is a private hospital set in pleasant grounds. It consists of three operating theatres and an Endoscopy unit which performs a large variety of surgery, orthopaedics being one our main areas. It is supported by full diagnostic services MRI and X-ray and Physiotherapy.