We are looking for an experienced Medical Secretary who demonstrates the delivery of high quality patient care to join our professional Orthopaedics team at The Berkshire Independent Hospital.
To provide high quality medical secretarial support to consultants you will have/be:
• Previous medical secretarial experience essential, and knowledge of medical terminology
• Educated to GCSE level or equivalent
• Excellent computer skills (particularly MS office package)
• Excellent audio skills
• Sound written and verbal communication skills
• Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently as required.
Basic Job Description:
• Provide high quality secretarial service to consultants
• Resolve customer queries, in a professional manner
• Prepare clinics ensuring results are available for review
• Ensure accurate typing of reports dictated by the Consultants
• Maintain confidential medical records accurately and securely.
• Ensure hours worked are fully and accurately charged to Consultant users.
If you think you have the skills and knowledge and are team player, that can enhance the Medical Secretary department within the Berkshire Independent Hospital and exceed patient expectations, in return we offer:
• Subsidised meals
• Free parking
• Bonus scheme
• Health scheme and pension after qualifying period
• Continued Training and development
All positions will be subject to a Standard level DBS disclosure, Referencing and qualification verification where applicable.
Ramsay Health Care UK is one of the leading providers of NHS and private patient services in England, with a network of over 30 acute hospitals and Treatment Centres. The Berkshire Independent Hospital is a private hospital set in pleasant grounds. It consists of three operating theatres and an Endoscopy unit which performs a large variety of surgery, orthopeadics being one our main areas. It is supported by full diagnostic services MRI and X-ray and Physiotherapy.