Assistant Practitioner – Band 4
37.5 Hours per week
Day Case Unit and Ward
Location: Fulwood Hall Hospital
Closing Date: 30th November 2019
Salary: Competitive according to experience
Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
Hours Per week: 37.5 Hours per week (5 shifts per week)
Details of the position
An opportunity has arisen to appoint an enthusiastic, experienced, flexible, highly motivated, Registered Nurse to join our professional team working across both day case unit and surgical ward here at Fulwood Hall Hospital. We are looking for a dynamic individual who is willing to work 37.5 hours per week and has the enthusiasm and commitment to provide a high standard of care for our patients.
Shift patterns are from:
- 07:00 – 14:00 (early shift days)
- 13:30 – 21:00 (late shift days)
- Flexibility for an 08:00 start on days to support family/carer needs
- 07:00 – 21:00 (long days)
The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills, a desire for professional development and demonstrate professional standards to practice to be admired. The succussful candidate will also have the opportunity for career progression and additional link roles should they wish; full induction and training will be provided. Daily practice will include the following tasks:
- Working on the day case unit completing administrations of minor day case patient’s. These minor day cases include cataract’s, endoscopy, minor LA day case, injections, LA cystoscopies. Post-operative care of minor day case surgical patients.
- ECG testing.
- Assisting with wound care and reporting findings to the nursing team.
- Acting as a second checker for controlled drug’s with a registered nurse.
- Managing the inpatient care of elective surgical patients on the ward working as part of a team of registered nurses.
In addition to strong clinical skills you will possess:
- Foundation degree in Health and Social Care (Assistant Practitioner)
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management
- Flexibility and reliability
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently as required.
- The personality to work as part of a small dedicated team
- Sound written and verbal communication skills
- Flexibility and adaptability to meet the changing needs of the business
- The ability to work to tight deadlines
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills
- Basic computer skills
In return for your expertise, we offer the successful candidate:
- Competitive rate of pay in accordance to experience and clinical skills
- Enhancements for unsocial hours (30% enhancement on Saturdays, 50% enhancement on Sundays).
- Uniform provided
- Ramsay scholarship fund available to support the continued academic learning for staff
- Weekends are a maximum of 2 per month, shared fairly between staff (taking personal requests into consideration when roster planning)
- Ramsay benefits scheme and access to register for a nurses blue light card for shopping discounts
- Full induction support and mentorship will be provided
- 33 days annual leave including bank holidays which will increase with length of service every 5 years (pro-rata for part-time staff)
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Free parking and subsidised staff restaurant
- Long service award (every 5 years £75 voucher, 10 years £150, continuing upwards)
- Life Assurance (3 x annual salary paid to who every you choose)
- Excellent ongoing paid training and development opportunities
Fulwood Hall Hospital is located near Preston, registered for 30 beds, 3 Theatres, Endoscopy Suite, Daycase Unit and full supporting Outpatient Services. Fulwood Hall Hospital offers a wide range of surgical procedures with diagnostic and treatment facilities.
As one of the North West's leading private and NHS ‘Choose & Book’ hospitals, Fulwood Hall Hospital is a leading provider of high quality healthcare, part of the Ramsay Health Care Group. Ramsay Health Care UK is one of the leading providers of NHS and private patient services in England, with a network of over 30 acute hospitals and Treatment Centres. Ramsay is part of a global hospital group operating 116 hospitals and day surgery facilities across Australia, the United Kingdom, France and Indonesia.
Dependent upon the number of applicants who apply, this advert may close earlier without prior warning.
All applications must be made by via the Ramsay Health Care careers website: www.ramsayhealth.co.uk/careers
For further information regarding this position, please email Lucy Dewhurst, Ward Manager email@example.com
All offers of employment in respect of this appointment will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure Certificate from the Disclosure & Barring Service.
Fulwood Hall Hospital is committed to quality, equality and opportunity for all.