We are looking for a full time Finance Manager to take day to day responsibility for the finance function at Ramsay Woodthorpe Hospital. The hospital has provided healthcare services to the people of Nottingham from its location since 1877. We are 5 star rated and 98% Friends & Family. Conveniently located towards the north of Nottingham city centre. With free parking and excellent public transport links, fully subsidised staff restaurant and excellent benefits package
Key responsibilities will include:
- Overall management responsibility for the Finance and Business Office functions.
- Performing as an active member of the hospital Senior Leadership Team
- Providing commercial support to the Hospital Director and Senior Leadership Team.
- Partnering with business leaders to assess the effectiveness of processes and the ongoing profitability of clinical procedures
- The production of monthly management accounts, financial reports and other required reports within Company guidelines,
- The day to day management of all business processes that underpin NHS funded care, including but not limited to NHS reporting requirements, investigating financial challenges, preparation of activity & financial reconciliations and collection of outstanding accounts.
- Taking responsibility for the development and maintenance of relationships with all key CCG’s and stakeholders involved in activity management and financial reconciliation.
- Preparing and reviewing the monthly finance pack / balance sheet reconciliations, ensuring all reconciling items are investigated and corrected / adjusted as appropriate
- Preparation of financial cases for capital expenditure requests, completing, reviewing and monitoring all post investment reviews to assess performance against assumptions
- Reviewing debtor, stock and creditor account/ledgers to ensure targets are being met and cash flow is maximised.
- Reviewing and producing interim forecasts, annual budgets and strategic plans
- Actively seek to find margin improvement opportunities across hospital operational performance
- Support the Senior Leadership Team to manage and improve labour costs efficiency and resource management
The successful candidate will also:
- Demonstrate a willingness to work positively within a team to achieve team goals and excellence in service delivery
- Demonstrate creative and innovate leadership in line with Corporate responsibility principles and the Ramsay Way Vision and Values
- Have a recognised accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA).
- Ideally have knowledge of the NHS PbR rules, reconciliation process and Standard Contract
- Strong IT skills, particularly Excel
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- A positive proactive approach to continuous improvement
- Experience of managing a team
- An ability to work under pressure and to cope with change
In return we offer:
- Competitive salary dependent upon skills and experience
- Bonus Scheme
- 25 days annual leave
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Ongoing training and development
For an informal discussion call Marcus Taylor , Hospital Director at Woodthorpe Hospital, on 07793939366 or Ian Wilcox, Financial Controller – Operations, on 07980 006096. Please apply by visiting www.ramsayhealth.co.uk/careers
Closing date: 1st November 2019