As part of the global Ramsay Health Care Group, Pinehill Hospital is one of Hertfordshire’s leading private hospitals with an excellent reputation for delivering high quality patient-centred care. We provide a wide range of elective healthcare services to private and NHS patients. Rated ‘Good’ by the CQC, Pinehill Hospital is proud of the high quality clinical standards we provide to our patients and we are committed to ensuring that we can continuously improve the standards of services we provide.
We are looking for a self-motivated, forward thinking Head of Clinical Services (Matron) to help us build on our successes to date. This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to join the team at Pinehill Hospital, to lead and facilitate the clinical Heads of Department to ensure that we have a skilled, safe and motivated clinical workforce.
Details of the position
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a strong commitment to developing the clinical team to the benefit of patient care and business performance through the development of high quality evidence based acute care, combined with personal drive, creativity and resilience.
The Head of Clinical Services will work in close partnership with and deputise for the Hospital Director and become fully involved in the strategic and business development of the Hospital, to ensure that key performance indicators are achieved.
The Head of Clinical Services (Matron) will:
- Coordinate, monitor and manage nursing and AHP services and workforce to deliver operational demands and key quality standards
- Work innovatively with members of the Senior Leadership Team to deliver innovative, efficient and safe care pathways
- Demonstrate and promote The Ramsay Way Values to our staff, patients and stakeholders
- Lead the hospital in complying with all statutory and Ramsay quality standards
- Develop effective working relationships with key stakeholders e.g. Consultants, Clinical Commissioning Groups, Acute NHS Trust partners, General Practitioners, Consultants and key internal stakeholders throughout our UK and global business
- Lead clinically based projects at site level and have participate in cluster and nationally facilitated projects and initiatives
The successful candidate will also act as the clinical representative at Medical Advisory Committee and Clinical Governance Committee meetings and will work closely with the respective Chairpersons to ensure all Clinical Governance issues are appropriately dealt with. The successful applicant will have a proven track record of change management and evidence of on-going professional development.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A strong clinical background in acute surgical / medical care
- Significant exposure in a senior clinical operational role within the NHS or Independent sector
- Demonstrable departmental and people management knowledge, skills and experience
- Experience in development and administration of budgets, management reports and supply contracts
- Comprehensive understanding of relevant legal and professional care / practice standards
- Excellent communication skills
- Effective presentation and IT skills
In return we offer:
- Competitive salary
- 33 days annual leave inc. bank holidays which increase with service (pro rata)
- Private Healthcare
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Excellent Training and Development Opportunities
- Subsidised Staff Restaurant
- Free Parking
To discuss the opportunity informally, please email Chris Burrows, Hospital Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should include a CV together with a covering letter addressing the key criteria as outlined above.
All offers of employment will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure Certificate from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Pinehill has 4 operating theatres with a 4 bedded recovery area. In addition Pinehill has 25 overnight beds in a mixture of single and double occupancy rooms and a Day Case Unit with 6 Pods and 6 day-care rooms. Pinehill also has a JAG accredited endoscopy unit (Minor Ops theatre), 9 outpatient consulting rooms and 1 outpatient treatment room. We offer a full pre-admission service, mobile MRI and CT services, X-Ray, Ultrasound screening and Digital Mammography services. The hospital also has a fully equipped gym in the Physiotherapy Department with 4 treatment rooms. There are exciting times ahead for Pinehill with expansion plans for the car park and longer term plans to expand the hospital.
Ramsay Health Care UK is one of the leading providers of NHS and private patient services in the UK, with a network of over 30 acute hospitals and treatment centres. Ramsay UK is part of a global hospital group operating 116 hospitals and day surgery facilities across Australia, the United Kingdom, France and Indonesia.
Pinehill Hospital is committed to quality, equality and opportunity for all.