Park Hill Hospital is one of South Yorkshire’s leading private hospitals with an excellent reputation for delivering high quality healthcare treatments and services.
Located on the site of the Doncaster & Bassetlaw Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust site, Park Hill Hospital opened in April 1995. The ward consists of 21 beds, 17 of which are in single rooms, all with en-suite facility. As one of South Yorkshire’s leading private and NHS ‘Choose & Book’ hospitals, Park Hill is at the forefront of medical technology and patient care. If you are excited about pushing your ability to the next level, whilst at the same time becoming part of a friendly team renowned for excellence and exceptional patient satisfaction then Park Hill Hospital is for you. The hospital offers a wide variety of specialities and prides itself on providing a high standard of care to both patients and staff.
Details of the position:
We are looking to appoint a flexible, highly motivated and experienced Scrub Practitioner (Theatre RN / ODP) to work 30 hours per week. The successful candidate should be an excellent communicator with strong leadership skills. The ability to work within a team and to be committed to the highest standards of patient care is essential. Orthopaedic scrub skills are desirable, but not essential for the scrub role. However the successful candidate must be prepared to undergo training in this specialty if they have yet to achieve these competencies.
Key responsibilities include:
The team provides a comprehensive range of care in theatre across many surgical specialties, including; Orthopaedics, General, Bariatric, ENT and Spines.
The successful candidate would either need to demonstrate proficiency as a scrub practitioner across these specialties or the willingness and ability to learn.
We are looking for a team player with solid leadership skills who could take charge of the team in the absence of the Theatre Manager or nominated Team Leader.
• Qualified Theatre Practitioner
• Registered with HCPC or NMC
• Theatre experience (minimum of 2 years)
• Leadership skills
• Sound written and verbal communication skills
• Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently as required
• Flexibility and adaptability to meet the changing needs of the business
• Competencies across a variety of surgical specialities
• The capacity to plan equipment and consumable requirements
• The ability to participate in on-call duties
• The ability to work to tight deadlines
• Advanced Scrub Practitioner / SFA qualification would be an advantage
In return we offer:
• Competitive salary Plus Enhancements (if eligible)
• 33 days annual leave inc bank holidays which increase with service (pro rata)
• Private Healthcare
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Life Assurance
• Excellent Training and Development Opportunities
• Subsidised Staff Restaurant
Please contact Alistair Draper, Theatre Manager via email Alistair.Draper@ramsayhealth.co.uk if you would like any further information regarding the position.
All offers of employment will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure Certificate from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Park Hill Hospital is committed to quality, equality and opportunity for all.
Closing date for applications: Friday 29th November 2019