JPIMedia / The SmartList are advertising on behalf of an external client.
Are you looking for a positive work-life balance? Do you have Project Management experience?
Our client is a not for profit, membership organisation, specifically created to help local councils, commercial bus operators and other public sector bodies realise the benefits of ITSO smart ticketing, by pooling resources and expertise to access best in class services and systems at an affordable price through economies of scale
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a talented and dedicated individual to join the small but growing SAM team at our offices in either Nottingham or Plymouth. As one of our Project Managers, you will be responsible for the day to day management of a range of different projects, including the technical development of our Managed Service and supporting our National Procurement Framework.
You will be part of a conscientious, efficient, sociable team, and as a key member of the Project Team, you will drive the continued success of the company. Full training and development will be provided.
- Successful management and delivery of projects for both SAM and its Members
- Working closely with SAM Members, you will identify how we can improve our products and services to meet their needs, working with the team to translate these requirements into a development roadmap
- To facilitate and contribute to meetings, visits, conferences and committees, through preparation of reports and presentations taking subsequent actions forward to delivery
- To ensure all activities undertaken are in compliance with SAM’s Policies
Measures of Success:
- Successful delivery of the SAM development programme, on time and within budget
- All Managed Service Suppliers meet their agreed Service Levels
- All Managed Service commitments from SAM to our Members met
- Revenue growth through increased uptake of SAM services by Members
What you need:
- Education to A level standard
- Degree preferred but not essential
- Technical or transport knowledge desirable but not essential
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, MS Project and databases
- Minimum two years of relevant Project Management experience
- Good technical knowledge or a willingness to learn
- Good communication and organisational skills
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently
- Ability to build strong working relationships with project stakeholders
- An appreciation of the importance of confidentiality and data protection
- The ability to work to tight deadlines with high levels of accuracy
Staff welfare and a positive work-life balance are important to SAM. Where possible we offer a flexible working environment with opportunities for homeworking and flexible hours to fit around your personal circumstances.
Our reference: SE2511
Vacancy: Project Manager
Location: Nottingham or Plymouth
Salary: Up to £40,000 p.a pro rata
Hours: Full Time: 37 hours per week OR Part Time: up to 20 hours per week