JPIMedia / The SmartList are advertising on behalf of Morthyng Group Limited.
Part Time Student Support Officer
Do you have creativity, enthusiasm and an interest in progression of young people?
Morthyng Group Limited is a registered charity and voluntary sector training provider and a 'not for profit' organisation that has supported the training of young people and adults. They are looking for a Student Support Officer to join them in Warrington.
The successful applicant will manage a caseload of young people aged 16-19 on the study programme. The role includes working with young people to identify and arrange suitable training and work taster opportunities, agree their learning plan, monitor attendance, mentoring, coaching and sourcing placements. The applicant should hold or be willing to work towards IAG Level 3 or 4.
Some of the responsibilities will include;
• Advise, guide, inform, mentor, coach and support individuals throughout their programme and after exit
• Undertake group or individual tutorials with learners ensuring their individual needs are met
• Source quality work placements and work experience opportunities
• Assist individuals to understand and overcome social, educational and emotional barriers
• Collect, organise, and analyse information about individuals through interviews, records, and professional sources, to appraise their interests, aptitudes, abilities, and personality characteristics, for vocational, educational, work placements, work experience and employment
What you need:
• Experience of mentoring, coaching and advising young people
• Experience of working with young people aged 16 – 19
• To be computer literate
• A high level of written and oral communication skills
• Hold or be willing to work towards IAG Level 3 or 4
Closing date: 4 February 2022
If this sounds like you, please hit apply now!
Morthyng Group Limited is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. All applicants are subject to a satisfactory enhanced check by the Disclosure and Barring Service and at least two independent referees who will be contacted prior to interview.
Our reference: SE2546
Vacancy: Part Time Student Support Officer
Salary: £12,486.48 per annum
Hours: Part time - 20 hours per week