Are you passionate about creating brilliant content?
We are looking for a trainee reporter to join our award-winning teams at the Burnley Express.
You will be enthusiastic about local news and you will understand how to market your content on social media.
In return we will give you the chance to be part of a brilliant online and print team. We will train you to NQJ standard and ensure you understand how our news and community teams go about creating and curating content.
The successful candidate will have completed an NCTJ-accredited pre-entry course.
Reporting to the Burnley Express editor, you will:
- Help to provide an online breaking news service to our audience in the North West
- Identify content that matters to our readers
- Be out in the field reporting from live and breaking news events
- Work to drive web hits and print circulation
- A passion to report
- Strong social media
- Excellent video skills - both in front and behind the camera
- Good people skills
- Persistence and desire to get to the heart of the story
- Willingness to work flexibly
- Inquisitive by nature and driven by the need to find answers to difficult questions
- A team player
- A champion for our business - learning, following and instilling best practice wherever you go
- A passion and commitment to serve our audiences and an understanding that great content drives our digital growth
- Enjoy working in and contributing to a constantly evolving environment and have a clear understanding that no two days, weeks, months or years will be the same. Change will be part of your job.
- Encourage innovation and constant improvement in efficiency and effectiveness
Interested? Contact Chris Daggett, Burnley Express editor, with your CV. email@example.com. Closing date March 18th, 2022
JPIMedia is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment as an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age. Consideration will be given to flexible working options for all roles.