JPIMedia / The SmartList are advertising on behalf of Townends Accountants.
Have you managed a multi payroll function? Are you up to date with payroll legislation and tax obligations?
We have an opportunity for a Payroll Manager to join the newly formed and expanding branch of our Payroll Bureau at our Fulford office in York.
Townends was established over 125 years ago as a small rural practice of Chartered Accountants. Since then the firm has grown to what it is today and is now one of the largest accountancy practices in the area with offices in York and Goole. Our core client base is owner-managed businesses and we act for clients throughout the UK.
The successful candidate will ensure an exceptional payroll service, processing multiple payrolls, is provided to our clients.
A sound knowledge of all payroll procedures is essential including computerised payroll systems, manual calculations, directors’ NI, statutory payments, pensions and year end procedures. You will be up to date with the latest payroll legislation and tax obligations.
We are looking for someone with a professional approach, excellent communication skills and the enthusiasm and drive to continue to develop and grow the bureau.
- Deliver an exceptional payroll service
- Process multiple payrolls with all associated payroll operations
- Liaise directly with clients
- Resolve queries and general support
What we need from you;
- Experience in a similar role with a working knowledge of managing a multi payroll function
- Previous experience in Payrite Software would be helpful but not essential as training will be given
- Up to date knowledge of all latest payroll legislation and tax obligations
- Sound experience of all payroll procedures, including: computerised payroll systems, manual calculations, directors’ NI, statutory payments, pensions and year end procedures
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines
- Supervise junior staff and review their work
- Excellent communication skills
- High attention to detail and ability to prioritise
- Good Organisational Skills
- Self-motivated team player
What we can offer you;
- Competitive salary
- Pension Scheme
- Flexible Working Hours
- Modern and friendly working environment
Our reference: SE2715
Vacancy: Payroll Manager
Hours: Full time - 37 Hours per week
Salary: Competitive salary